Monday, May 4, 2009

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog



Written and produced during the 2007 WGA writer's strike, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is a 45 minute musical that has circulated the Web since July 2008. I finally had the chance to watch it yesterday after many requests from my sister who has been telling me to view it for about 6 months. I should have listened to her sooner. 

During a time when money is tight and audiences are looking for cheap ways to escape, this Web musical is just what we need. The fact that it's well written, sung, acted and produced is simply a bonus. And did I mention it is hysterical? Absolutely, laugh-out-loud fun. 

According to writer, Joss Whedon (best known for TV shows such as Dollhouse and Buffy), the musical is about a “low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he’s too shy to talk to.” It stars Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day

The musical gained so much attention that a Web sequel, or even feature film, is being
considered.

You can watch Dr. Horrible for free at Hulu.com. Trust me, you'll love it .


No comments:

Post a Comment